Up for something exotic with a touch of coconut? Why not try this Chicken Rundown with wine and one of our tasty rice dishes like Callaloo Rice or Rice & Peas?
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 2tbsp white wine
- 1 jar Walkerswood Coconut Rundown Sauce
- 1dl fresh cream
- 2tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- leaves from a big sprig of thyme
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1tsp grated fresh ginger root (optional)
- Wash and dry chicken and cut into cubes.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 1hour in the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper onion and ginger.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Remove the chicken and reserve the seasonings.
- Saute chicken pieces until brown.
- Add reserved seasonings and cook for 1minute.
- De-glaze pan with wine, add coconut rundown sauce and cream, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add the cilantro.
- Serve with Callaloo Rice or Rice & Peas