We just luurrvveeee seafood in this house. I must admit I prefer them as ‘au naturale’ as possible, but he wants his food infused with spice which is why my kitchen is all about fusion food and compromises.
Here’s a real treat – seafood infused with coconut, saffron, garlic and thyme. Lovely with rice, a nice home made bread, a salad and a chilled white wine. Using Walkerswood’s ready-made rundown sauce makes this recipe a quick but delicious choice.
- 20 large raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 500 lobster, shelled & cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 stalks escallion, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 0,5 tsp saffron strands
- 0,5 lime, juiced
- 2 jars Walkerswood Rundown Sauce
- 2 tsp thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the shrimp and lobster.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over moderate heat.
- Saute escallion, tomatoes, garlic and saffron for 5 mins.
- Add shrimp, lobster, salt and black pepper and let simmer.
- Stir in chopped herbs and cook for 5minutes. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.