Cream of Peanut Soup
I must admit that peanut soup is not something I would have come up with in my lifetime, but this recipe is delicious with a freshly baked bread.
Cummon, you know you just have to try it… =)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 grated onion
- 1 chopped celery stick
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- chopped leaves of 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 tbsp cilantro/coriander, chopped to garnish
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add onion, celery, garlic and thyme.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour, stirring constantly.
- Keep stirring while adding stock slowly.
- Increase the heat and add peanut butter.
- Reduce heat, add milk, salt and hot pepper and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro/coriander.