Spice Bun & Butter Pudding
Bread puddings are popular in Britain, and here’s one with a Caribbean twist…
- 250g spice bun
- 350ml milk
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 0,25 tsp grated nutmeg
- 0,25 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- butter at room temperature for spreading
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Cut bun into thin slices.
- Butter each slice.
- Grease a loaf pan and layer slices of bun in it.
- In a bowl, mix milk, coconut milk, vanilla, nutmeg, sugar and eggs well.
- Pour mixture over the bun and bake for about 45minutes.
- Serve with icecream, whipped cream or custard.