Caribbean Veggie Rundown
The first time I heard about the rundown it didn’t sound as something I’d like, but taste is a funny thing and when it comes to food you just have to taste your way to the descision. Sometimes things that sound as if the would clash (like strawberries and chilli) make excellent taste fusions.
A rundown is basically a mix of coconut, plantains and veggies and it can also contain chicken or shrimps. This is a quick version where we use Walkerswoods Rundown Sauce to make it.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 green bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 chochos (christophenes), peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 escallion (spring onion) stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 okras, trimmed and sliced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 0,5 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 300ml Walkerswood Coconut Rundown Sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the sweet potatoes, bananas and chochos in a saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Boil for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain
- Heat the oil and then add the escallion, garlic, okras and tomatoes and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the boiled vegetables, allspice, tyme and coconut rundown sauce and cook until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Enjoy as it is or with rice!