Potato & Savoy Cabbage Mash
I know this doesn’t sound all that interesting, but mash is comfort food and there are days when you just gotta have it! However, sometimes it’s nice to add a little extra something to the mash…
- 1kg floury/dry/old potatoes
- 1 savoy cabbage
- (1 egg)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the potatoes in quarters, and boil them in salted water until they are mashable (good word!) ie about 15 mins.
- Cut the savoy head in half, slice each half up like a loaf of bread, and boil for 3-5 mins in salted water.
- Drain the potatoes and chuck them back into the pan.
- Drain the cabbage and chuck it on top of the potatoes
- Add butter, cream and milk in measurements that works with your budget, diet and conscience. Some days we just need a bit of extra fat, innit…
- Optional: add a raw egg
- Mash it all together until you have a smooth mash.
- Add salt and (black) pepper to taste
- Serve with pork or (spicy) sausages and some Reggae Reggae Sauce