Drunk Jerk Chicken
I don’t know about you, but I just love the name of this dish! lol Whole Jerk chicken cooked in beer – tastier than you might think and well worth trying!
- 1 whole chicken
- 4tbsp Jerk seasoning
- 1 small onion
- garlic powder
- 1 can of beer
- 4tbsp butter
- Clean chicken and season with salt, garlic powder and Jerk.
- Cut onion and stuff inside chicken
- Let ‘stew’ in fridge over night.
- Preheat oven to 220*
- Pour beer into roasting pan.
- Stick chicken in the beer and bake for an hour or until done.
- Baste with butter throughout.
- Serve with Rice & Peas and Reggae Reggae Sauce
- Add extra Jerk if you like it hotter
- Use juice from chicken to make gravy or put in freezer to use for chicken stews or soups.