This chicken is spicy but not hot. A brilliant example of Compromise Cuisine – the rest of the family can add as much hotness they can take and I can still enjoy the same dish… =)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3tbsp curry powder (choose one you like)
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- 1tsp seasoning salt
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- 1tbsp basil
- 1tbsp garlic
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 large potatoes
- 0.5 cup water
- Mix 1 (of the 3) tbsp curry powder with the other seasonings and season the chicken.
- In a skillet, stir 2tbsp curry powder in the oil for 10-15 sec.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3 mins on each side
- Add 0,25 cup of water and cover skillet with a lid.
- Allow to simmer for 10mins.
- Pour another 0,25 cup water into the skillet and let simmer for another 15mins.
- Put sliced onion and potatoes in the pan and allow to cook for 20mins.