This is one of my family’s favourites. A Swedish sticky cake that is delicious and decidedly addictive. In this house making just one is never an option… =)
- 4 eggs
- 6dl caster sugar
- 3dl white flour
- 2tbsp baking powder
- 2tsp vanilla sugar/vanilla extract
- 0.5tsp salt
- 175g butter
And for the tosca:
- 75g butter
- 2dl caster sugar
- 1,5dl double cream 1dl syrup
- 200g dessicated coconut
- Whisk eggs and sugar until it’s fluffy and whiteish in colour.
- Add the melted butter and stir until properly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients properly.
- Add dry ingredients to eggmixture and stir.
- Pour into a large, square baking tin (I use non-stick turkey basters)
- Bake for 12-15mins in 200*
- Whilst cake is in the oven, put all the tosca ingredients into a saucepan and stir until it starts to boil, then put it aside and wait for cake to be ready.
- Pull cake out of oven and spread the tosca in an even layer over the cake, then bake for another 10mins.
- Cut into squares once it’s cooled off.